Installation Guide - Metal 3D Wall Panel
1. Necessary tools and materials
- Measuring tape
- Marker pencil
- Spirit level
- Cable ducts
- Protective gloves
- Protective glasses (In case of cutting)
- Angle grinder
- Cutting wheel
- 20 mm EPS boards or Soudal Soudabond Easy adhesive foam
- Soudal FIX ALL or similar fast-binding adhesive (in case of EPS boards)
2. Arranging the room and checking the wall
- Pull the furniture away from the wall and cover the floor.
- Check the straightness of the surface, examine it for gaps and unevennesses.
- Knock the entire wall to make sure the plaster is stable.
- Clean the surface of dust, grease and other forms of dirt.
- Prime plasterboard and newly plastered walls with primer to prevent the adhesive’s absorption during installation.
- It’s important to install the metal panels only on flat and solid walls!
- Draw down the desired wall surface on paper or design it with the help of our online wall planner tool.
- Decide the direction of the installation. In case you want to cover the complete wall, bear in mind that If you start from the centre, you may need to cut the panels on both ends. For accurate execution it is advisable to have the panels cut by a specialist!
- Measure and draw the outer, horizontal and vertical lines of the designed surface using the spirit level.
- After drawing the outline of the wall, draw the vertical and horizontal lines needed to form the inner raster grid.
- Take into account the location of any connectors, switches, and mounting brackets (such as TV, Hi-Fi, Air Conditioning, etc.).
- If I want to hide wires, draw the starting point and direction of the cable ducts onto the wall.
1. Unpacking of metal panels
- Wear protective gloves.
- Carefully unpack the metal panels from the box, pay special attention to the sharp edges so they won’t scratch the surface of the other panels.
- Start with peeling of the protective film at the edges and uncover cautiously the entire surface of the panels.
2. Fixing of possible cable ducts
- The sharp inner edges of the metal panels can cause damage to electrical cables, audio and Internet wires. They should therefore only be used to cover pre-fixed cable ducts!
- When using cable ducts, take into account the size of the holes in the corners of the metal panel. The width and thickness of the cable ducts must not exceed 2 cm and 0.8 cm, respectively.
3. Mounting with EPS board or foam adhesive
- Cut 49x49 cm sheets from the EPS board in the same number as the metal panels or prepare the foam adhesive.
- Add Soudal FIX ALL adhesive on one side of the cut EPS boards and press them into the back side of the metal panels, or spray the backing with the prepared foam adhesive.
- Wait for the EPS boards to bond inside the panel, apply additional Soudal FIX ALL to their back side and fix them onto the wall along the marked lines. In the case of foam adhesive, perform this process immediately.
4. Covering exposed edges, hiding possible mood lighting
- If the sides of the installed surface are visible, cover them with mesh tape, and paint them to the colour of the wall, or use a plasterboard frame.
- In the case of plasterboard frame, by using hidden LED strips you can further highlight the metallic 3D wall with beautiful shadow effects.
If you have any questions regarding the installation, please contact support and our expert staff will be happy to assist you!