Installation Guide - Bamboo 3D wall panel
1. The preparation of the wall
- Correct and fill out any unevennesses, holes or gaps.
- Clean the wall of grease, dust and other forms of dirt.
- In case of plastic or varnished finish, sand and dust the surface.
- Coat gypsum plasterboard and plastered walls with a separate layer of primer to prevent the absorption of the adhesive during installation.
2. Unpacking the panels
- Unpack the tiles with clean, dry hands. Protect their surfaces from dirt and sharp objects.
- Place the panels on top of each other and allow them to acclimatise to the humidity in the room for 24 hours.
- Align the back of the panels to eliminate minimal size differences due to moisture absorption.
- Use diverging sized panels separately at the edges of the wall or as cut pieces if needed, thus avoiding any inaccurate joint crossings.
3. Required tools and supplies
- Measuring tape
- Marker pencil
- Spirit level
- Sanding paper (200-400)
- Caulk gun
- Angle grinder (flex)
- Cutting wheel (125x0.75mm)
- Putty knife (30 mm)
- Brush or spray gun
- Lint-free soft cloth
- Sonax or similar multifunctional sponge
4. Necessary materials
- Tubular Soudal Fix All Turbo or similar water-based, flexible and paintable adhesive.
- Soudal Express grout or similar acrylic sealant.
- Dulux or similar water based quality primer.
- Water based Behr or similar abrasion resistant latex paint.
- Design the desired mounting surface on paper or with the help of our online designer tool.
- Decide where to cut the exterior panels if they are too big fit the surface.
- Take into account sockets, switches, and later fixed shelves, TV stands, skirting boards, etc.
- Consider whether we would like to seal the joints, since the minimum required joint width is only 1.5 mm, it’s not needed in most cases. It’s though crucial to use premium quality, flexible latex paint when coating.
2. Draw the panels on the wall
- Use the spirit level to mark the horizontal and vertical baselines and grid of the designed panel surface.
- Draw the locations of the connectors, light switches and other fixtures with the marker pencil on the back side of the panels.
- Cut out the surfaces drawn on the back of the panels, using the angle grinder and the thin cutting wheel.
4. Checking and numbering before fixation
- Lay the whole and cut wall panels on the floor and check the imaginary pattern layout.
- Rotate panels in the desired direction and number them in the appropriate order.
- Go through the numbering procedure on the wall as well.
5. Bonding the panels
- Apply Soudal FIX All or similar fast-bonding water based adhesive to the back of the panels. Make sure that the adhesive applied with the caulk gun covers all surfaces which will be in contact with the wall.
- Glue the first wall panel to the middle or top corner of the drawn grid.
- Calculate a minimum joint spacing of 1.5 mm and continue to glue the other panels through the wall.
- Take into account that when starting from the middle you may have to cut all the outside panels’ sides.
- Wipe off any excess glue with a slightly damp cloth, making sure the edges do not pender or become fibrous.
6. Priming twice
- Lubricate the wall surfaces and joints with Dulux or similar solvent-free deep primer.
- Wait for the prescribed drying time (about 30 minutes) and repeat the process.
- Apply the second layer of primer until the surface of the panels impregnate to ensure perfect adhesion and stain-free finish of the paint.
7. Joint sealing
- Fill the 1.5 mm gap between the wall panels using Soudal Express acrylic sealant.
- Scrape off the excess sealant using a thin putty knife and making sure that all joints are gap-free.
- Wipe off any smeared excess sealant from the panels surface with the slightly dump multifunctional sponge.
- After the joints have dried, sand the whole surface with 300-400 sandpaper.
- Dust the surface with a dry brush or a slightly damp cloth.
9. Painting the wall
- Apply the first coat of paint with a brush or spray gun.
- Spraying provides a smoother surface, but requires professional knowledge.
- When spraying, make sure that the room is well ventilated and all furniture are covered.
- Wait for the necessary drying time and apply the final coat.
If you have any questions regarding the installation, please contact us and our expert staff will be happy to help you.